Physical limitations affect almost everything you do; your golf swing is no different. Motor patterns develop around these limitations, which in turn affects your performance and may often lead to injury. Identifying these underlying physical limitations to improve and correct harmful motor patterns in the fundamental principle of our Golf Specific Performance Program.
The Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Golf Program at Boston Physical Therapy & Wellness is geared toward enhancing physical performance specific to the game of golf. Designed for the recreational or professional golfer who wants to improve his or her game, our program is designed towards the individual needs and goals of the golfer.
- Improve the strength and flexibility specific to the golf swing
- Increase the individuals awareness of their body position during the golf swing
- Improve balance and coordination
- Develop increased endurance and overall physical conditioning
- Reduce the risk of injury
Through these areas, the ultimate goal for each golfer is to:
- Help you swing better
- Hit the ball further
- Score lower
- Play without pain
The Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Functional Screen involves a detailed analysis of the client’s mobility (flexibility) and stability (strength and balance) as it relates to the movements needed to complete a biomechanically sound golf swing. Dartfish™ video capture software is cutting-edge technology that is used to create a “mediabook” for the client to view or share with a swing coach.
Both individual and group packages include consultation with the client’s swing coach, and/or fitness instructor as needed.
- Golf-Specific Mobility and Stability Physical Screening
- 2D Motion Analysis Balance and pelvis to torso separation coordination
- Biomechanical Swing Analysis
- Video Swing Analysis using Dartfish™ software
- Customized, Web-based TPI exercise program to address specific physical limitations
- Manual therapy and facilitated stretching to maximize mobility
- Communication with your PGA golf instructor, physician and/or fitness professional